How to Pay Your Parking Ticket
If you were issued parking citation/ticket in Healdsburg you have the option to pay online, by phone, or by mail. Please have the citation number and form of credit card payment available.
- Pay Online: using the secure web payment service at www.CitationProcessingCenter.com
- Pay by Phone: Call the toll-free payment center at 1-800-989-2058
- Pay by Mail: Use a check or money order, payable to the "City of Healdsburg." Include the original citation and your payment in the pre-addressed envelope you received at the time of citation. If needed you may use your own envelope addressed to: City of Healdsburg, Citation Processing Center, P.O. Box 10479, Newport Beach, CA 92658-0479.
Parking Citation Payment Plan and Indigent Status
In compliance with California Vehicle Code (CVC) section 40220, the City of Healdsburg provides indigent persons (registered owner/lessee of the vehicle) the option to apply for a payment plan if multiple parking citations are outstanding (unpaid). Only citations issued within the last 60 days on or after July 1, 2018 will be considered.
Registered owners who cannot afford to pay for their citation have the option to enroll in one of two payment plans:
- Standard Payment Plan – Available to all registered owners. No proof of income is required. A one-time $25 fee will be applied. To apply please call the Parking Citation Center at 800-989-2058.
- Indigent Payment Plan – Beginning July 1, 2018 the City of Healdsburg will offer Payment Plans to Indigent Registered Owner(s).Lessee(s) with unpaid parking citations issued on or after July 1, 2018.
The City will consider individuals who meet one of the eligibility criteria below. If approved and enrolled in an Indigent Payment Plan for Parking Citations, late fees and penalty assessments will be waived. Individuals will have up to eighteen (18) months to pay off the payment plan balance.
Indigent Payment Plans are subject to a five dollar ($5) Administrative Fee. This fee will be added to the total balance of the payment plan. Monthly payments are required; late fees and penalties may be reinstated if the payment plan falls out of compliance, i.e., no monthly payment is received.
Requests must be received within sixty (60) calendar days from citation issuance, or within ten (10) calendar days of an Administrative Hearing, whichever is later. A one-time exception may be made for parking citations appearing on a California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Registration Renewal form and will be subject to a five dollar ($5) Late Fee in addition to the five dollar ($5) Administrative Fee. To apply for the one-time exception, include a copy of the DMV Renewal Form.
Proof of Indigent or Low Income Status
The Registered Owner/Lessee must demonstrate that he or she is indigent or low income by providing one of the following two criteria options:
Criteria #1: Income – A person qualifies when their income falls within 125% of the monthly/annual income of the United States Department of Health and Human Services and published in the Federal Register for the number of persons in their household. Proof of income for all individuals living in the household is required (e.g., two months’ worth of paystubs/earnings statements, checking/savings account statements, etc.)
Criteria #2: Public Benefits – Receipt Public Benefits described in Subdivision (a) and/or (b) of Section 68632 of the Government Code.
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps)
- General Relief (GR), County Relief, or General Assistance (GA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or State Supplementary Payment (SSP)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids Act (CalWORKs)
- Cash Assistance Program for Aged, Blind and Disabled Legal Immigrants
Both Installment Payment Plans do NOT cancel the fine. It simply provides some flexibility to the motorists and allows the total amount due to be paid in installments over time.
Application for payment plans can be made online at www.CitationProcessingCenter.com or by calling 1-800-989-2058 .
Checking the Status of a Paid Parking Citation
To confirm your citation was paid, you may check the status of your parking citation payment in two ways
- By Internet: go to www.CitationProcessingCenter.com and search for your citation – you will see the payment status from the search results screen.
- By Phone: Call 1-800-989-2058 and choose the "Pay Citation" option – your payment will be indicated by the automated system.
- Please have your citation number or license plate number ready so that your payment can be properly researched.
Appeal a Parking Citation/Ticket
Parking citations/tickets are not criminal offenses. They are civil penalties that are the joint liabilities of both the owner and operator of the vehicle. Once a citation is issued, it is up to the driver or owner to respond to the facts presented on the citation. If you disagree with a parking ticket you received and would like to appeal it, you have 21 days from the date the ticket was issued, or 14 days from the mailing of the Delinquent Parking Notice to submit an Initial Review Request. If you fail to request the Administrative Hearing within the prescribed time you will lose the opportunity to further contest the parking ticket.
There are three (3) levels of appeal/review that may be involved in contesting a parking ticket issued in the City of Healdsburg. The three levels are prescribed by the California Vehicle Code with the intention of providing citizens with an opportunity to contest parking tickets that were issued to their vehicles.
Three Levels of Appeal/Review
- Step 1 - Administrative Review
- Step 2 - Administrative Hearing
- Step 3 - Appeal through the Superior Court
You may dispute your parking ticket in two ways
- By Internet: Go to www.CitationProcessingCenter.com and search for your citation; once you’ve found your citation, click the button to contest the citation.
- By Mail: Include the citation and your correspondence in an envelope addressed to: City of Healdsburg, Citation Processing Center, P.O. Box 10479, Newport Beach, CA 92658-0479.
- In your review request, you should explain the circumstances surrounding the issuance of the citation and why it should be dismissed, offering as much detail as possible.
- When your review request is received, the matter will be put on hold so that the fine amount will not increase.
- The dispute and citation will be reviewed and determine whether or not the citation should be dismissed.
- You will then be informed by mail as to the outcome of the review request.
- Pay your citation(s) on time.
- Check the back of the citation to see when payment is due.
- Include the citation number(s) in the memo line of your check(s).
- Do not pay multiple citations with one check; include separate checks for multiple citations.
Any questions about your parking citation may be directed to the Healdsburg Parking Authority by email at Healdsburg Parking